5 Reasons You Should Get a Home Inspection Before Buying
Get a Home Inspection Before Buying! Buying a home is an exciting – and stressful! – time. With all of the flurry surrounding a purchase, it’s easy to miss steps that can cost you in the long run. One commonly missed step is a home inspection. The following are a few reasons why you should get a home inspection before signing your contract.
- A Home Inspection Can Uncover Problems. The point of getting a home inspection is to determine whether a house has hidden problems. Home inspectors examine every aspect of the house to see what works and what does not. They might look at the foundation, electrical systems, and for contamination. One of the most significant tasks is to identify if the house has any structural problems. Most structural faults are costly to repair, and without the help of a home inspector, it’s easy to overlook a problem that may wind up costing you more than you anticipated.
- An Inspection Will Help You Control Your Budget. A thorough home inspection can help you determine how much additional money you will need to invest into the house. Perhaps the answer will put you over your financial limit.
- The Seller’s Inspection May Not Be Accurate. Many sellers conduct a home inspection to help them sell their home. Sellers with good intentions use the report to fix problems before placing their home on the market, but unless you have paid for the report to be done, you must always be skeptical of results.
- You Can Negotiate Better with a Home Inspection. Your inspection is a great tool to use when you want to negotiate. You might negotiate with the homeowner to reduce the selling price of the home if it needs a lot of repairs.
- Prevent a Home Insurance Claim By Getting an Inspection. Homes with a lot of problems can lead to more problems in the future. A faulty electrical system could lead to a house fire. A leaky pipe may flood your home. While home repairs are inevitable and homeowners claims certainly happen, a home inspection could reduce your likelihood of a claim.
Remember to Call EC Cooper Insurance Agency if you need homeowners’ insurance. As an independent insurance agent, we can shop more than a dozen carriers to find the right insurance package for you.